Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Busy Doing Nothing

Lately I feel like Ihave been swamped with busy days and then I look back on them at the end and realize "wow, I literally sat on the couch all day and watched tv." This is sickening. I need something awesome to do. It'd probably be nice if my friends would come home and school was over.
On the note of school, I got a piece of mail yesterday from Olivet Nazarene University yesterday. Generally when I get college mail I tear it up before even opening it or by now most of it my mom doesn't even give to me because she knows it's going to end up in the trash anyway. This piece, however, stood out. I opened up the flyer and it seemed pretty nice. I read a few of the articles and it seems as if a lot of the students there go on to achieve the goals they have had since childhood. And then came the big part for me. I flipped to the Areas Of Study page and was just reading through all of the degrees, "blah, blah, blah, family and consumer science, fashion merchandising, film studies, finance, blah, blah, blah....wait, FASHION MERCHANDISING?! Be still my beating heart." Fashion Merchandising is my absolute passion and I have been researching schools with this degree for over a year now. I found the obvious schools, The Art Institutes, FIDM (Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising), even Ball State has a degree in it, but I don't have 35 million dollars and I don't want to move away from my family, friends, and church. Those things are really important to me. I'd be able to live either on campus or even at home if depending on my classes, but I'd be able to come home any time I'd like if I lived there. I'd be able to be home every weekend for church and whatever else I'd like to do (: I am pretty excited. The school is still expensive, but it is a private school and still not raking you like The Art Institute would. I am prety excited to do a little more research on the school. Who knows, I may end up there! Prayers for me and my choices made for after high school would be very appreciated (:

Later,
Nancy (:

ps. coffee shop with my mom today!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Some Soil and the Sun members graduated from Olivet...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that's pretty awesome, I did not know that! And I can also start off taking my general classes at Ivy Tech which will be even cheaper! (:

    ps. I got mail 2 days in a row from you! (: hehe

    ReplyDelete